<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 22, 2003

Day 365 August 22nd 2002 was my last day in the building as an employee of Lucent Technologies... although technically I was on the payroll til Sept 20th later changed to Oct 20th (long story).... what an odd day that was... I had already packed, having failed to find a new position with the company... so I just went about saying goodbye to my boss, General Manager and other folk... Had one last lunch in the cafeteria with Joe Gangemi and some friends of his... Got tired of sitting about, left my PC running Progress Quest and headed out into the "sunset" (mid-afternoon)... I wonder if my PC is still on... I have heard our offices are closed and mostly untouched given that hardly anyone is in the building.... dust everywhere I would think... People have scattered to the winds ( Wisconsin, Horse farm in upstate New York, boats in Florida), some have found work ( BAE, Inrange, Northup-Grumman etc.) and some haven't ( me, Steve, Ernst, Robert Dalton, etc.)... Am still trying to keep in touch... network, network, and more network.... sigh...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?